Lallemand Inc. is a privately held Canadian company, founded at the end of the 19th century, specializing in the development, production and marketing of yeasts and bacteria. The company is comprised of 12 major business units, each focused on specific applications of yeast and bacteria, with operations and management throughout the world. Corporate offices for the parent company Lallemand Inc. are based in Montreal, Canada. Today, Lallemand employs more than 4000 people working across more than 45
countries, on 5 continents.
Lallemand Animal Nutrition (LAN) is a division of Lallemand Inc. dedicated to the development, production, and marketing of profitable, natural and differentiated solutions for animal nutrition and health. The company conducts its research and development through a combination of internal resources and external collaborations. The R&D department has the mission to generate scientific references on the products lines modes of action, efficacy and to develop new microbial based solutions.
The Assistant to the Eastern Sales Manager will represent LAN in Eastern Canada excluding Quebec in the livestock market, providing sales and support to existing clients and potential customers. Key responsibility of the successful candidate is to promote the value of LAN probiotics, inoculants, yeast derivatives and technical support services in the territory- Ontario and Maritime provinces of NB, NS & PEI. The position reports to the Eastern Sales Manager.
Responsibilities associated with this position also include, but is not limited to:
• Principle contact for sales to LAN customers in assigned territory;
• Generate sales growth by working with existing customers and distributors to support their efforts and by identifying and securing new customers in the territory;
• Manage territory sales support, prospecting and client relationships effectively to maximize sales growth;
• Ability to organize meetings and plant tours with clients and prospects in which LAN can present technical expertise and innovative solutions;
• Keen presentation abilities. Must be able to present at the high end of the nutritional spectrum and be effective in communicating to individuals at the farm gate;
• Resolve product or service problems by clarifying the customer’s concern; determining the cause of the problem; selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem;
expediting correction or adjustment; following up to ensure resolution;
• Actively participate in identifying new market opportunities within LAN’s core competencies;
• Manage time and travel time efficiently;
• Be responsible for the development and implementation of a sales budget & business plan.
• Essential: Degree in animal science, veterinary medicine, nutrition or equivalent experience;
• Essential: 5+ years of selling experience in a highly competitive agriculture market place;
• Knowledgeable in ruminant nutrition, silage management and fermentation. Dairy and beef
production experience preferred;
• Strong selling and relationship building skills with a clear objective for each sales call;
• Proven track record of building business and hitting sales targets;
• Self-starter and the ability to work without daily supervision
• Fluent in French is a plus however not required
• Essential: Overnight Travel 40 – 50%
• Ideally residing Ontario to be in proximity to many customers within territory
Applicants please apply to:
Theunis Wessels – MSc, B-Tech, PAg
Business Manager – Western Canada
Lallemand Animal Nutrition
Mobile: +1 (403) 425-0004